The following information is designed to assist you in making a request to include cheerleaders at your upcoming event or program. Each request will be given a fair and individual evaluation and, if deemed necessary by our office, may vary from the following guidelines. COMPLETION OF THE REQUEST FORM DOES NOT GUARANTEE AN APPEARANCE.
- Requests will only be considered if they are received two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled event. Upon receipt of the Georgia Southern University mascot request form, please
- Allow 7-10 business days to receive a written response to your inquiry.
- All appearances must be paid in full to the Georgia Southern University no later than three (3) days before the date of GUS’s performance.
- Appearance fees are subject to change according to the nature of the event.
- Minimum of 2 cheerleaders is required for all general appearances. We request that the client provide a secure area near the appearance location to store personal belongings. Appearances including GUS will need a private, clean, and secure place to change and take breaks (restrooms are not acceptable). Parking and water must also be provided.
- A minimum of 3 cheerleaders is required for all appearances involving a dance performance. Clients must provide sound system, equipped with a CD player and a small room where cheerleaders can warm up.
- Cheerleaders generally wear their official GSU uniforms, but if requested, they can wear more casual clothing, such as t-shirt and team identified warm-up outfits.
- 48 hours notice is required for refund if an event/appearance is cancelled.
- One hour is the maximum duration for a Georgia Southern University cheer appearance (longer appearances may be approved on a case-by-case basis).
- Use of GSU name, logos, trademark and/or any advertising that implies the support or sponsorship of GSU or GSU Athletics must be approved in writing by Georgia Southern University.
- There will be a travel charge of 50.5 cents per mile for any event that is more than a 60 mile round trip.
Cheer Team Rates
- Official University Function: No Charge*
- Student Organization Event: $20/hr/cheerleader
- University Department: $20/hr/cheerleader
- Non-University Related Event: $20/hr/cheerleader
*These functions are limited to official Athletic, Marketing, Alumni and Admissions events.
Please email the coach at GSUCheer@GeorgiaSouthern.edu
Last updated: 2/23/2015