Cost: $60.00 fee
Check: Check or money order made payable to Georgia Southern University.
Credit Card: Payment for the exam can be received through a credit card at the Office of Testing Services Marketplace for both the group or private appointments. For group appointments, the Testing Office must received your registration form and payment must be received by the registration deadline. For private appointments, you must call to schedule the appointment. If you are registering late for a group appointment, you must pay with a check or money order. If you have any questions concerning paying on-line, please contact the office at 912-478-5415.
Please submit the ACT-Residual Registration form (PDF) or (Word) with your registration fee. Walk-ins allowed, if space permits, additional $10.00 fee. (Recommend: Using Google Chrome) You must apply to Georgia Southern University prior to testing.
Private Testing is available on a limited bases (Monday through Friday Only), the registration fee is $80.00.
This test is given only to candidates seeking admission to Georgia Southern University when there is no convenient National ACT date available or to improve their scores slightly. Candidates must have already submitted a admissions applications prior to testing. The ACT-R score can only be used at Georgia Southern University. There is no transcript service maintained on ACT-R scores.
- The ACT-R can only be taken every 60 days.
- The exam is 4 hours consisting of four subject areas of English, mathematics, reading, and science.
- Your ACT – Residual Scores will be sent to the Georgia Southern Admissions Office within two (2) days of the test administrations.
- Examinees must bring several sharpen #2 pencils and a calculator.
- Examinees must apply for Admissions to Georgia Southern University prior to the testing date. If the examinee has not applied for admission to Georgia Southern University, they will not be eligible to take the exam. For information concerning Admissions, visit the Admissions website .
The test is given at Georgia Southern on the following dates:
Thursday, November 9, 2017, Early Registration Deadline: November 3, 2017
Thursday, January 25, 2018, Early Registration Deadline: January 18, 2018
Thursday, February 15, 2018, Early Registration Deadline: February 8, 2018
Friday, March 30, 2018, Early Registration Deadline: March 23, 2018
Thursday, April 19, 2018, Early Registration Deadline: April 13, 2018
Wednesday, May 16, 2018, Early Registration Deadline: May 9, 2018
Wednesday, June 13, 2018, Early Registration Deadline: June 6, 2018
Friday, July 6, 2018, Early Registration Deadline June 29, 2018** Last group date for fall admissions
Picture Identification Required for All Tests
Please make sure you bring an acceptable ID
Acceptable IDs are: a valid state driver’s license, student ID or passport.
(Not accepted: check cashing cards, picture credit cards, Sam’s cards, etc.)
For additional information, please contact:
Georgia Southern University
PO Box 8132
Statesboro, GA 30460-8132
Cone Hall Room 2031
Last updated: 8/16/2017