Southern Collegiate Leadership Conference
This year the Southern Collegiate Leadership Conference celebrates its 10th annual conference on October 3, 2015 with the theme “Leading With Civility”. The Southern Collegiate Leadership Conference is held annually to help students improve their leadership skills by investigating leadership from a variety of perspectives. Come engage in leadership development opportunities with hundreds of college students from throughout the southeast to be better prepared to lead and shape the future.
The conference will also feature educational workshop sessions on the following topics:
- Leadership in Communication
- These workshops will explore the vital components of addressing civility through concepts such as conflict, effective listening, organizational context, and Internet influences on communication.
- Ethical Leadership
- These workshops will examine personal values and beliefs while focusing on how they impact the rights and dignity of others in various settings.
- Leadership in Social Justice
- These workshops will investigate the challenges of understanding, addressing, and providing equality of access to human rights, quality of life opportunities, and civil liberties.
- Inclusive Leadership
- These workshops will focus on developing individuals and teams that encourage collaboration and the sharing of diverse perspectives and dissent.
Registration & Payment Options
Registration is now closed.
Registration is only $15 per person and covers all conference materials, lunch, and a conference keepsake for each participant.
A group rate discount of 20% off the registration fee is available for any group with 20 or more registrations. Contact John Banter for more details (contact information below).
Online conference payments are available here. *Select the SCLC Payment option. See detailed instructions below for online payments for groups.
Group Registration & Payment Options
Individuals must register via the online registration form. From there, group payments may be made as long as a list of individuals being paid for are sent to John Banter (email@example.com) in order to confirm their registration. Group online payments may be made online or via check made payable to Office of Leadership & Community Engagement. Instructions for online payment may be found below:
Conference Schedule – Saturday, October 3rd
Check-in & Attire Information
Check-in for the conference will begin at 8:30 am in the Russell Union Ballroom and the conference will conclude by 3:30 pm. Casual dress is appropriate for this event.
Distinguished Leadership Keynote Speakers
*Registering for Talon
When registering, please put both “Talon & your student organization name” in the question “What campus department or organization are you representing?” The Office of Student Activities will pay the registration costs associated with the program for two (2) officers participating in Talon.
Request for Conference Workshops Proposals
Proposal Submissions: We have filled this year’s conference schedule with excellent workshops. Thank you for everyone who submitted a workshop proposal.
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 4, 2015
Notification of Proposal Acceptance or Declination: Friday, September 11, 2015
Last updated: 9/24/2015