Southern Collegiate Leadership Conference
Celebrating our 10th year of collegiate leadership development!
This year the Southern Collegiate Leadership Conference celebrates its 10th annual conference on October 3, 2015 with the theme “Leading With Civility”. The Southern Collegiate Leadership Conference is held annually to help students improve their leadership skills by investigating leadership from a variety of perspectives. Come engage in leadership development opportunities with hundreds of college students from throughout the southeast to be better prepared to lead and shape the future.
The conference will also feature educational workshop sessions on the following topics:
- Leadership in Communication
- These workshops will explore the vital components of addressing civility through concepts such as conflict, effective listening, organizational context, and Internet influences on communication.
- Ethical Leadership
- These workshops will examine personal values and beliefs while focusing on how they impact the rights and dignity of others in various settings.
- Leadership in Social Justice
- These workshops will investigate the challenges of understanding, addressing, and providing equality of access to human rights, quality of life opportunities, and civil liberties.
- Inclusive Leadership
- These workshops will focus on developing individuals and teams that encourage collaboration and the sharing of diverse perspectives and dissent.
Request for Conference Workshops Proposals
Proposal Submissions: We are seeking conference workshop presenters for this year’s conference. If you are interested please fill out this brief workshop proposal form.
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 4, 2015
Notification of Proposal Acceptance or Declination: Friday, September 11, 2015
Registration & Payment Options
Registration is only $15 per person and covers all conference materials, lunch, and a conference keepsake for each participant. Registration for the conference will begin soon.
A group rate discount of 20% off the registration fee is available for any group with 20 or more registrations. Contact John Banter for more details (contact information below).
Online conference payments are available here. *Select the SCLC Payment option. See detailed instructions below for online payments for groups.
Group payments may be made as long as a list of members being paid for are sent to John Banter in order to confirm their registration.
Group online payment instructions:
Check-in & Attire Information
Check-in for the conference will begin at 9:00 am in the Russell Union Ballroom and the conference will conclude by 4:00 pm. Casual dress is appropriate for this event.